Bumthang Ura Festival
Bumthang is one of the historic places in Bhutan. Some of the oldest temples and monasteries of Bhutan are located in this beautiful place. It has four main valleys.i.e Ura, Chumey, Tang and Chhoeker. Bumthang Ura Tshechu is an annual event and it last for three days. Tshechu means the 10th day of each month of the lunar calendar (Buddhist calendar). It is performed as a tribute to Guru Rinpoche for bringing Buddhism to Bhutan.
During the festival, a famous dance known as Ura Yakchoe is performed. Moreover, the local people take part in performing various dances too. A sacred relic is also being revealed to bless the people. Hence, people from all over the valley make it to witness this festival so as to receive blessings to have a prosperous year.
DAY 01 - ARRIVE PARO AIRPORT
You will be received at the Paro airport-You will be engaged in sightseeing around Paro after lunch wherein you will get to visit
• Taa Dzong
• Paro Rinpung Dzong.
• Drugyal Dzong and Kicchu Lhakhang.
DAY 02- DRIVE TO THIMPHU
On the next day, we will have a smooth drive towards Thimphu which would approximately take 1 hour from Paro. You will visit the following places
• Tashi Chhoe Dzong.
• Bhutanese Craft Bazaar
• Watch Archery game
• Centenary market in the evening
DAY 03-THIMPHU TO PUNAKHA-Travel to Punakha (2 hours drive)
• Visit Dochula Pass
• Visit Punakha Dzong
• Visit Chimi Lhakhang
DAY 04 -PUNAKHA TO TRONGSA
• After breakfast, drive to Trongsa which is 5 to 6 hours drive (142 km) from Punakha.
DAY 05- TRONGSA TO BUMTHANG
• Visit Trongsa Dzong
• Trongsa Taa Museum
DAY 06 -BUMTHANG
• Explore beautiful Bumthang Valley
• Jambay Lhakhang
• Kurjey Lhakhang
• Tamshing Lhakhang
• Jakar Dzong also known as the Castle of the white bird
DAY 07-BUMTHANG TO URA VALLEY
• Early morning after the breakfast, we will drive towards URA valley which is 48 km away will take approximately 1.5 hours to attend the URA Festival. During the festival, a famous dance known as Ura Yakchoe is performed.
DAY 08- URA TO GANGTEY
• Drive back, following the same route towards Pobjika and you will be expected to reach there by evening.
DAY 09- GANGTEY TO WANGDUE
• Explore Phobjika valley
• The Phobjika valley is one of the most beautiful U-shaped valley in Bhutan.Phobkijka valley is home to Black necked cranes Mountain.
DAY 10- WANGDUE TO THIMPHU TO PARO
After breakfast, drive back to Thimphu in the morning.You will visit the following places in Thimphu
• Buddha Dordenma Statue
• Bhutan Post Office
• Royal Textile Academy
Day 11-HIKE TO PARO TAKTSHANG
• After the breakfast, there will be a hike to Taktshang Monastery.
• In the evening, we will accompany you to a farm house in Paro for a hot stone bath.
Day 12 -PARO-
After the breakfast, we will drop you to the Paro International Airport from where you will fly back home
Commences in:Paro, Bhutan
Booking, Reviews, More..
Worlds Largest Network Home
Wildlife on Video..